Re: A long overdue apology

To: "Tom Stockman" <ftuck@frii.com>,
Subject: Re: A long overdue apology
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:19:48 -0500
Tom Stockman wrote

>How 'bout we establish an additional email list, and establish a
>few different customs for it?  Like, only reply if you think you
>really have significant & new takes on a thread?  Of course we'll
>see several-at-once replies saying the same thing, but if we set a
>few ground rules, like, we're looking for no more than 15 posts a
>day, questions should reveal that the poster has checked the online
>faqs, "roadster sighting" and "ebay/classified seen" and "OT" posters
>and "top down at last!" and "me too!" posters will be denied future
>access.

     You're certainly free to start another list if you desire, but the
problem I see is there is a huge gray overlap between "tech" and "Social"
 Andrew Murphy's recent post (4 Hours) is a good example, is it a tech
post about hard to reach exhaust manifold nuts or an anecdote about a
satisfying afternoon? Is it both? For which list would it be appropriate
? Would posters to the tech list be "allowed" ask advice on aesthetic
issues such as color, vinyl or cloth seats etc.?  Would issues such as
aftermarket stereo installation be permitted?
     The last part of the above quoted paragraph would seem to imply that
the tech only list would actually punish folks for enjoying their hobby
(or in the case of vendors, their job)  Create the list if you want, but
it sounds like a cold, lonely place to me.

Pardon the chafing...
Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX