cooling problem update

To: "Roadster Mail List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling problem update
From: "Matt Silvey" <matt12@rcip.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:54:59 -0700
Well, a while back I posted a question about a problem I was having with my
cooling system (system kept becoming presurized and blowing coolant out the
resevior even though the temperature was fine.

I finally convinced myself to pull the head thinking the the head gasket was
bad, and was it!

Not only was the head gasket bad, the cooling ports at the rear of the head
were so badly corroded that they were nearly into the combustion chamber on
the number four cyclinder.

I ordered all the gaskets and today I picked up a rebuilt head.

As soon as the gaskets arrive, I will put the car back together and I should
have my problem solved.

http://www.rcip.com/matt12/datsun.htm
Matt Silvey
'70 1600