Re: Exhaust and other questions

To: ambradley@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust and other questions
From: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:15:44
Adam,

I had the same problem.  We wound up using a detached hacksaw blade, which
worked pretty well for a one time deal.

The stock headers are a lot cheaper than the stock manifolds and easy to
come by.

Robin

P.S.  Gordon Glasgow had a great suggestion, which I haven't tried yet.  You
are going to have a few inches that you'll need to have a muffler shop
patch.  Gordon recommended having them use flex pipe which will allow the
exhaust system to be adequately anchored without putting so much stress on
the header.  Gordon, correct me if I translated that badly.