Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt response

To: <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt response
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:27:54 EDT
Craig:

If you have access to a wire welder, just find a flat washer with a hole the
same size as the bolt, weld down onto the bolt, welding it to the washer as you
build it up. The heat will loosen the bolt, and you can weld a nut or bolt to
the washer to turn it out. We have not run into any bolt yet that wont come out
this way, including rusted bottom fender bolts. Good luck.

Dan & Susan

<< I have a 1600 block that the bolt broke off even with the surface of the
block. I drilled it, used an easy-out, and the easy-out snapped off level
with the top of the block also. where do I go now?

Craig Halsted