RE: Head's off, broke a head bolt

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Head's off, broke a head bolt
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:32:43 +0000
Place a nut on top of the broken off bolt.  Carefully
insert your welding rod through the center of the nut
until it touches the broken off bolt.  Weld the top of
the broken off bolt to the nut.  Be careful not to melt
away the nut.  After it cools a bit use an impact wrench
to take it out.  It takes a steady hand.  An auto-
darkening hood helps a lot, but a couple of really
bright lights shining on the work area usually allows
you to see with the hood down.  I've used this method
several times with good results.  It is probably how a
machine shop would do it if you took it to one.

Andy