Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt

To: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Head's off, broke a head bolt
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:14:11 -0700
My sincecre condolences.  Been there, done that, but never in the top of an
engine block.  Do they make diamond tipped drill bits in that size?  It's
going to take something very, very hard to cut that "easy out".  You can't
heat it without risking cracking your block.  Is the engine out of the
roadster?  You may have to make a trip to a very good machine shop.  I
currently have an easy out cracked off in the body where the back edge of the
front quarter panel bolts to the door frame. I got frustrated and left it
there.  Moved on to other less frustrating tasks.  Will have to figure out
how to remove it some day..
Guy