RE: Paint Chip/Code

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Paint Chip/Code
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 13:50:55 +1000
>===== Original Message From  =====
Hi Henry.
The following should give you more than you or your painter need to know.
The Nissan code for Turquoise is 562 (for roadsters) or 170 (for sedans).
Officially it was only a right hand drive colour for 63-64 roadsters and
1962-69 sedans but I have seen it on both RHD and LHD 66 1600 roadsters. It is
also known by the names Asian Blue or Sky Blue.

The Ditzler/PPG paint code code is 19924. The spies Hecker code is 170. Dulux
code is 05120.

According to my 1964 Dulux book of formulas the original Dulux (Duco) formula
was:
Tinter #   Setting
1012        181
1016        200
1019        222
1021        244
0300        266
3334        320
1012        500  (yes this tinter is listed twice, I suspect it is maybe
black).

Regards,
Phill Brook