Re: Overdrive tranny

To: "Daniel Beatty" <nowroc@pacifier.com>,
Subject: Re: Overdrive tranny
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:43:05 -0400
Yep, a bolt on providing you have the driveshaft, mount and backing plate of
a U20 engine. 5th gear is overdrive on the standard trannies. It's .852

The problem of 1600s and 5 speeds is that 1st gear is higher, so you lose
acceleration. However the 5 speed is far superior to the 4 speed in many
respects especially shifting. I ran both and the 5 speed is much better and
I can really cruise w/o winding my engine out on the highway.

Mike