Re: a question for the experts

To: "Fergus OFarrell" <FOFarrell@qtww.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: a question for the experts
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:17:28 -0400
I spoke to Dick Tillinger a few months ago about this problem and he said it
was the antifreeze available in the 60s, 70s and early 80s that caused the
problem. They weren't properly formulated for aluminum heads.

I also believe it was careless (cheap) owners who didn't change the A/F
frequently. It also may be sped up by improper grounds.

I have several heads that are useless because of corrosion sitting in my
basement. Great to practice porting on them.

Mike