Re: steering wheel taper nut thingy.

To: "Neil Levine" <nalevine@dcn.davis.ca.us>,
Subject: Re: steering wheel taper nut thingy.
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:55:48 -0400
The biggest problem with the early car horn mechanism is the rubber
"spring." It dries out and no longer acts like a spring and the horn starts
honking when you turn the wheel. I bought some rubber molding at home depot
as a substitue spring. The other problem may be that the column is
positioned slightly incorrectly, probably too short, and when the wheel is
tightened it blows the horn.

Mike