Re: Arizona is burning.

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Arizona is burning.
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:15:00 -0600
Guy Pepoy wrote:
> ... Colorado was on fire at the time.  Arizona was not.  I replied
> that the situation was "spooky".  The entire state was so tinder dry
> and explosive.  Well, as most know, the monster has emerged from the
> nest and is eating the world as I know it.  ...  Last night, we were
> ordered to evacuate.  ... Over 300,000 acres have already been
> burned black.  Last night we went up to a point where we could view
> the holocast.  The fire line is over 50 miles long.  When looking at
> it you must move your head to see the whole thing (covers about 200
> degrees or so).  The smoke plume was over 30,000 feet high and
> looked like a red cloud from hell.  ...

  Yike! I guess they almost have our front range fire under control;
altho durango and south fork aren't.. We had some evac's about 5 miles
from where I live. They're still fighting it though, and the weather -
hot, dry and windy is still nasty. I don't know how they do it.
  Hope they get the AZ fire under control soon!! We're getting the AZ
smoke clear up here!! Gripes my !@(** too - the news sez there's a 1/2
doz slurry bomber equipped planes SITTING at Ft.Carson -- but the Army
can't be called in until the Forest Service runs OUT of resources. Way
to go guys.. Your bureaucracy in-inaction..

dan neff    '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO
www.wycroc.org