U20 bearing cap "suitable puller" question

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: U20 bearing cap "suitable puller" question
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:16:00 -0400
I'm in the process (near the end, yeah!) of disassembling my U20 engine and
have run into a little snag trying to interpret the "manual".  The "manual"
states:

56.  Remove the bolts securing the main bearing caps to the cylinder block.

57.  Using a suitable puller, remove the center and rear main bearing caps.
Remove all other bearing caps taking note of their location and
orientation. Mark them with metal stamps if necessary to PERMANENTLY
identify them.

What type of puller is "suitable"?  I can't imagine my gear puller doing
any good.  Any help would be appreciated...

John

John Hogan
1967.5 2000 SRL31100141 "Solex"
www.madgrizzle.com