Re: more carb questions

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: more carb questions
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:50:08 -0700
The carbs are backfiring?  Backfiring through the carbs is usually
caused by too lean a mix.  Did you just build this engine?  Check your
firing order... I know I know, but the first time I built my U20 I was
convinced that I had a carb problem (had solexes)... I tried everything,
even got it to stop spiting much and ran the car to 80 mph.  My
mechanical engineer friend and I were staring at the car, trying to
figure out what was wrong, when the guy who was teaching me body work
came by, asked what the firing order was, and promptly switched my
wires...  VAROOOMMMM!  Man, did we feel stupid.  Firing order is 1 3 4
2... just in case!
Greg Burrows (I are a mechanic...)