most fun i've ever had with my clothes on!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: most fun i've ever had with my clothes on!
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:39:45 EDT
hi everyone

yesterday, i took my roadster to willow springs for a N.A.S.A. track day.  i
think i will wear this grin for the next week or so.  then i'll be itching to
do it again.  for a modest sum, i was able to do almost 40 laps on the track.

  my 67.5 H20 solexed roadster ran flawlessly.  i pushed it hard, and had an
absolute blast.  my first laps were not very fast, and i discovered after
that my tire pressures were all over the map.  correcting that made all the
difference.  i also discovered that i really needed only 3rd and 4th gears to
get around the whole track.  i could get to 6500 rpms in 4th on the front
straight before braking for turn one.  never did hit 5th.

between lap sessions my car would smoke from under the hood.  i noticed that
the engine was blowing oil out the little breather atop the valve cover
(currently covered with a K&N filter).  that didn't seem to be that big a
deal tho.  what maybe was a big deal was that both rear wheels on the inside
were covered in black guk.  as well, the belly of the gas tank and everything
else back of the axle.  did i blow my rear wheel seals?  (cheap?)  is there
such a thing?  or my bearings?  (expensive?)  i stopped in lancaster for some
gear oil from the walmart and added some in the parking lot to get home.

thank you so much for your help.  i seriously can't wait to do it again.  if
anyone else is interested, NASA (www.nasaproracing.com) is cheap it seems for
track fun.