RE: bolts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bolts
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:51:19 -0700
Grade 8 hardware is not recommended for suspension components because it is more
brittle and will break on impact rather than deforming. If you want to upgrade,
go to an aircraft supply store and get some A/N Spec bolts. If you do this, be
prepared to specify the grip length you want on each one. That's the length of
the unthreaded portion of the bolt. You can get AN bolts in many grip lengths
for the same nominal size.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA