Re: bolts

To: "Tim Waltz" <printner@worldnet.att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bolts
From: " Bob Davis" <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:06:40 -0400
I wouldn't waste my time or money buying grade 8 from your local
establishment such as Lowes or Home Depot or any hardware store. Most, if
any, don't have it in fine thread and most of the hardware is of truly
unknown heritage and you can bet it comes from the far east. You would be
better served going with "AN" designated aircraft hardware. One of the
absolute best sources for all aircraft hardware is Skybolt. You can log onto
their site at www.skybolt.com.

You always want to be aware of the overall length of a bolt and the grip
length of a bolt. The grip being the unthreaded part of the bolt that will
give the application the most shear strength and stretch resistance.

Don't use nyloc nuts where high temperatures are present.

AN hardware is high quality and high strength and cost is only a little more
than the junk from the hardware store. I have about $75, maybe a little more
or less, in AN hardware and I have replaced every nut and bolt in the car.

Bob Davis
67.5 Datsun2000
Fairlady2000Racing