RE: 1600 timing component question

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: RE: 1600 timing component question
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:45:40 -0400
The British Leyland A series engines used a rubber ring between the teeth on
the crank gear to serve as a tensioner/damper of sorts.  My Bugeye used this
arrangement as there is no other tensioner.  You don't need it if you have a
separate standard type of tensioner.  I don't think Datsun used it on the R
engines but may have on the A series engines.  It's debatable as to whether
or not it does any good.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/