Rear Differential Temperature (A bit off topic)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Differential Temperature (A bit off topic)
From: "n ruff" <u20power67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:41:29 -0600
Hey All-
Should or does the rear differential get warm after being driven at
highwhay speeds?

The drive shaft has quite a bit of play but otherwise makes very little if
any noise.  I crawled under my new datsun roadster parts hauler (88 jeep
comanche) to check the U-joints and found a very warm differential.

This isn't completely off topic as my next roadster project also has quite a
bit of play at the yoke and was wondering if it too would get warm after
some driving?

Thanks!
Nathan