Re: Datsuns

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsuns
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:55:27 EDT
Hello all

I've seen these guys live on several occasions and I met up with them a
couple of times last year - they won "Best Live Act" as voted by New Musical
Express in 2002 - I've since been pestered by my kids to take them to 3 live
shows - they now have the CDs, the T-shirts etc, etc, and are now the coolest
kids in class. (And, as their classmates say, their dad has 3 Datsun
Roadsters - cool!)

The story goes that Christian (lead guitarist) saw a Datsun advertisement in
an old National Geographic magazine, thought the name looked cool, sounded
cool (which of course it is) and fitted in with their retro image. All four
band members then changed their second name to Datsun (including Dolf de
Datsun - lead singer).

Roadster content - the band used an image from a Datsun 2000 roadster
brochure on their first release - check out:

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/DATSUNSsupergyration.htm

This 7" release is now like gold dust - I sold one copy for $150! It's almost
impossible to find another. I have lots of signed stuff + reasonably priced
posters, badges, CDs etc for sale if anyone's interested.

These guys are workaholics - the second night I met up with them they had
landed in the UK from Australia for one night only to play a live gig on BBC
Radio 1. The following day they took off for a tour of the USA.

If you like your music loud then they're worth a look - the 10 track CD
doesn't quite capture the mayhem of the live set but it's still excellent
driving music.

Rob
www.fairlady.org