solvang caravan update

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: solvang caravan update
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:31:54 -0700
OK, here's the latest.

The plan is to meet at around 11:00AM on April 25 at Westminster Mall
parking lot on the Bolsa Avenue side, near Sears. If you want to
www.mapquest.com it, use 100 Westminster Mall Westminster, CA as a
destination.

For those in San Diego and those coming up the 405 north:

Exit the Golden West / Bolsa Ave. exit. Exit the freeway and stay in the
right through lane (second from the right) and go through the light at the
bottom of the overpass (Golden West). Turn right at the next light (East
Drive). Enter the mall parking lot and turn left at the first intersection.
Cars entering the mall lot do not have to stop at the intersection, but look
out anyway. We'll be meeting in the parking lot immediately to the left past
East Drive as you turn. There is a Mobil station at Golden West and Bolsa
and a Chevron station around the other side of the mall in the parking lot.

If you are coming in on the southbound 405:

Exit at Golden West / Bolsa Ave. Get off on the Bolsa Ave. West ramp. Turn
Right at the light and enter Westminster Mall. Turn left and stay in the
left lane. Continue just past the East Drive entrance. See above for where
we'll be. We want to leave here as close to 11-11:30AM to beat the afternoon
traffic. The sooner the better, as it is a Friday!

We'll head up the 405 to the 101 and make a stop in Woodland Hills at the
AMF Woodlake Lanes Bowling Alley. Mapquest 23130 Ventura Blvd. Woodland
Hills, CA. With traffic and the wind at our backs, I'd say 1-1:30PM for this
stop, maybe sooner. I've never been there, but here's Andrew's directions
from last year:

Take the 101 North and exit Woodlake Ave. Turn right at the light and you
will be going East on Ventura Blvd. The bowling alley will be on your right
about 300 feet. Gas stations nearby. We're still a over a week out from
Solvang, so this schedule may mutate some. Will keep you posted.

Please let me know if you're planning to join up with us by emailing me off
list. We don't want to jump the gun and leave you behind if you're a few
minutes late!

Paul Bauman
SoCalROC
Westminster, CA