Re: Front Wheel Seal Alternative

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Wheel Seal Alternative
From: "Jimmy Claypool" <srl311vg@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:02:38 -0700
Well guys I have had to come to the grim realization that Uncle Sam and
Uncle Grey Davis have got to be paid. It is with a sad heart that I am
offering my roadster up for sale. It is a 68 2000 that has had an L-series
conversion. The car could be turned back into a U motor car with ease. The
L-16 is .030 over with the A87 medium chamber head and SU's. There are maybe
1000 miles on the motor since being rebuilt. The trans is a 79 280ZX 5 speed
with the .745 overdrive. It has a roadster clutch and a 16lb flywheel. This
car will cruise at 80mph all day and get great gas mileage. The interior is
black and in excellant condition. I have a roll bar for it but not
installed. I have no top whatsoever. It has been painted 2000 Mercedes
Brilliant Silver and considering it was my first attempt its not perfect,
but nice. It has stock wheels with new Yokohama AVS int  185-60-14 and good
but not perfect stock hubcaps.

The stock fuel tank was full of rust and crap so I installled an aluminum
fuel cell and it works fine. I had anticipated EFI in the future and this
would have fit the bill.

The susp is pretty much stock. The front is lowered slightly with new KYB's
and the rear has not been touched.

I can provide pictures upon request and will gladly give anyone a ride if
you are close enough to Sacramento. I will be at the Cal Expo autocross this
Saturday morning observing but not running. If anyone wants to look the car
over Let me know berforehand and I;ll bring it (If its not raining)
I don;t know what to ask. I always think I am asking too much when I sell a
car so here goes. I have around $6k into the car and would like to get $4700
or best offer.

Jimmy Claypool
68 2000 FOR SALE
94 Mustang Cobra