Thoughts on loctite?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thoughts on loctite?
From: ambradley@attbi.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 04:45:54 +0000
I was thinking of using loctite on my flywheel and engine backing plate bolts,
but I'm concerned about the info on the back of the package.  Once loctited,
to remove the bolts, I need to heat them to 500 degrees?  Does that mean that
once I do this, if I need to pull the flywheel off for any reason, I'm going
to have to take a torch to the bolts?  Is this a good thing, or should I skip
the loctite?

Also, I don't have the two-bolt locking tabs and was told many cars use star
washers, so that was my plan.  Is using star lock washers a problem, or should
I go buy a set of the original two-bolt bend up things?