Re: emissions fuel recovery system?

To: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: emissions fuel recovery system?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:43:44 -0700
>Matt Wrote - My friend's 70 spl311 has developed a problem in emissions
fuel recovery system. A 3/8 ID hose has come loose and he can't seem to find
a home for it. The tube is attached to a  brass fitting that is affixed to
the brake line manifold. The hose is about 24 inches long and may act as a
vacuum hose. The car will run till it's warm and then die from what we think
is lack of fuel. Any ideas on where this hose should be reattached?

Matt,

That is NOT causing the car to die, run poorly or any way effecting engine
performance.

This system takes vapor from the recovery tank and the crankcase and returns
it to the carbs to be added to the mixture.

The top fitting goes to the air cleaner and is the source of slight vacuum
for the system.

The middle goes to a small nipple, attached to the oil dipstick guide. If
the engine has been replaced with any other year engine, this fitting will
be gone.

The bottom comes from the vapor recovery tank.

Victor
65 L-320 Pickup
New Photo Site http://public.fotki.com/DatsunVic/
Los Angeles