RE: alt and alt question-non datsun kinda

To: "'Patrick J. Horne'" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: RE: alt and alt question-non datsun kinda
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:06:06 +0930
OOPS,
my agolopies.
I was basing my comments on my 1965 1500 which IS positive earth.
Yes, the BATT terminal SHOULD be protected via fuseable link or maxi
fuse.
I'm adding one to the output of my alternator in an effort to protect
my car(electrics/operator) from inadvertant reverse battery
connection.
It has happened before, someone has etched a message on the firewall
"POSITIVE EARTH".
By the way, does anyone know why the earth polarity was changed??
No prize offered, just curious!
I spent 35.5 years working in the Telecommunications industry and
EVERTHING D.C. was positive earth.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/mypictures/index.html
Adelaide, South Australia.