alt and alt question-non datsun kinda

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, michaelspreadbury@attbi.com
Subject: alt and alt question-non datsun kinda
From: PLETCH5@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:41:58 EDT
I'm trying to wire a Mitsubishi alternator from a Subaru Justy for my Datsun
Roadster with a Nissan 240SX motor in it. With that said, there are 3
connectors on the alt. one is very easy to figure out-its labeled BAT. and
has a stud with a nut.

Here is the first of 3 questions, the other 2 connectors are label IG. most
likely a key on signal from the ignition switch and the other is labeled with
only a "L". What does the "L" connect to?

Question 2 , if the "L" a signal wire to check the strengh or signal from
consumers/battery  can I just use a jumper between the battery terminal on
the alt to the "L".

Question 3 , should I wire the BAT terminal to the battery lead at the
starter (unfused) or to the fuse box (which gets power from the battery
starter cable but is fused with a fuseable link)

Additional info. that may help is I'm using Painless fuse box.

Thanks for the help.

    Ken
DATSTER
Pleasanton,CA