Re: Hot Fuse

To: sandhoff@csus.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Fuse
From: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:35:55 -0400
I had to include John Sandhoff's comments for the list, since several
people have mentioned this problem, and John's comments sounded
enlightening and conclusive.  (You didn't want me to be the sole
beneficiary of your wisdom, did you, John?)  :-)

For my part, I clipped out my bad inline fuse holder, took it apart,
cleaned the connectors, and rewired it, soldering the fresh wire in.

Then I patched it back into the line.  Results?  Not hot!  I do feel
some warmth on the fuse when I have the lights on, but nothing like
before, which was really wire-baking temperature.  Is a little warmth
reasonable?  It's just a spring-loaded fuse holder, so maybe there needs
to be a tighter connection to the fuse itself.

Thanks for the help, everybody!  You're a fine bunch.

-John Stromgren (1970 2000)