Your Brake Problem

To: <conrad1@gte.net>
Subject: Your Brake Problem
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 19:19:33 -0700
Dave, I just had a thought when reviewing your very frustrating problem.

Could it be that the unit that distributes the brake fluid to all of the
slaves equally (this is the unit that mounts on the firewall and has all of
the brake lines going into it) is acting more like a one-way valve.  Maybe the
fluid is contaminated and something in it is acting like a flapper valve -
only allowing pressure to build each time the brakes are touched.  I don't
know much about these units but, intuitively, it makes sense.  After setting
for awhile, the pressure would slowing equalize (unless the valve was perfect)
until you start pressing on the brake pedal again.

I know that these valves (at least on other vehicles) often act up after the
brakes have been reworked.  This is because when you compress the slaves to
replace shoes or pads, you force fluid through the valve in a non normal
manner - back into the reservoir.

Maybe others on the list can dispel or concur with me thoughts.

Sincerely,
Jon Rider
'69 2000
Bothell, WA