Solder versus crimp

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solder versus crimp
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:23:50 -0500
The best way to avoid fatigue in the joints is to leave before closing time.

If you relocate your battery, make sure you ground it well.  You don't need
welding cable for the ground, but you need to ground to the body, the frame,
and the engine with separate wires.  You can run the welding cable to the
starter terminal, then take power from there to the rest of the car.  Just
make sure there is a 30 amp fuse or fusable link to the rest of the car
electrics.  There are battery cutoff devices which mount close to or on the
battery, and I would put one of them on the positive terminal in case your
welding cable grounds out somewhere on its journey through the car.

Andy and I are going to an autocross this weekend at Pennington Field in
Dallas.  His car Tetanus is in top form now that he has a new differential
and retimed dizzy.  Come by and say hello if you get the chance.

Leisure Suit Terry