Re: To crimp or solder

To: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>
Subject: Re: To crimp or solder
From: thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:48:14 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, dielectric grease will work to displace moisture.
NOALOX "no - aluminum oxide" is a similar compound,
but with anti oxidants (normally used for aluminum
feeds into the house, fine with copper).

A "perfect" crimp will provide a hermetic seal between
strands of wire within the crimped connector.
Dielectric grease will help (most is displaced during
crimping.

I get the "dual wall" heat shrink for
http://www.waytekwire.com  The "dual wall" has an
inner melting adhesive, which adds a mechanical strain
relief to the wire.

Tom