antenna restoration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: antenna restoration
From: Tim Waltz <printner@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:15:35 -0600
I'm restoring an antenna (don't ask me why--I'm supposed to be working on my
frame).

The gray plastic body was warped.  I heated it in the oven at 250 degrees for a
few minutes and it straightened right out.   All my
mounting hardware for the fender is in mint condition.

My main question is about the cable.  I know how it mounts (clamps/solders) to
the antenna body, but is the cable supposed to be
long enough to go all the way to the radio?  If I use modern cable (I was
planning on buying a cheap antenna with a long enough
cable and cutting it off for my use), are there differences I should look out
for?

Any help is appreciated.

Tim Waltz
67.5 1600's