Re: Stumbling Problem

To: tom@fransfancies.coml, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stumbling Problem
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:00:10 +0000
Tom,

This sounds exactly like a problem I had with my car about a month ago.  I
thought it was fuel lines, pump, etc.  What concerns me is that you say you
picked up a fuel filter at NAPA.  Was it the one they list for our car?  If
so, try a Nissan/Datsun one for our car or early Z.  It took me forever to
figure out my problem because I put in the new Napa filter, etc. as well so
I figured filter couldn't be at issue.  Car ran fine at idle or on flats.
Any type of hill or any real load casued car to stumble.  I put in a Nissan
fuel filter and car runs just fine.  Anyway, that filter was the problem
with mine.  It may not be yor problem, but I do note that my fuel pump
couldn't fill up the NAPA filter but fills up the Datsun one just fine.

My amatuer advice.

Allen
1970 2000
Wenatchee, WA