RE: still in wiring hell....

To: "'aaron spesard'" <spar011@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: still in wiring hell....
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:10:01 +0930
Hi Aaorn,
I've been looking at the wiring diag. for an SPL311 which I guess is
your car.
>From the "A" terminal of the alternator, a thick White wire runs to
the fuse box (the L fuse, 30A) which is for LIGHTING.
At the fuse box the White wire should continue to the Negative side of
the Ammeter.
The Positive side of the Ammeter is a B wire (which I assume is Black)
and runs to the starter terminal which has the large positive cable
from the battery bolted to it. (So the Ammeter is monitoring current
flow and direction from alt. to batt.)
That Black wire joins with a GW wire (Green - White tracer?) at the
starter terminal, which goes back to the fuse box (the H fuse, 20A)
which is for HORN.
Sooooo, if that fuse is blown you are HORNLESS!
Now, if the Ammeter is not working at all, it must be shorted out
somewhere, since it a series component used to indicate the difference
and direction of current flow from the alternator and battery devices,
i.e.charge or discharge and the amount thereof.
If the Ammeter or its wiring is open circuit, then current will not
flow to the B terminal of the fuse box which feeds the H fuse for the
Horn, and the rate and direction of current will not be shown on the
meter.
Not confused yet? a lot of people call it electrickey you know!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/mypictures/index.html
Adelaide, South Australia.