Re:1600 / Fork Lift Parts

To: "" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:1600 / Fork Lift Parts
From: "" <linob@sentex.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:46:10 -0400
Hi List,

I'm currently planning a rebuild of a 1600, 3 main engine, and as I've learned
from the list, this is a forklift engine and parts are much cheaper at fork
lift places. I'm looking for gasket sets, main bearings, valve seals, water
pump, ect. What should I be asking for over the parts counter at a fork lift
dealer - is the fork lift engine refferenced the same as the 'car' engine - or
will I get a funny look from the parts counter by saying it's for a 35 year old
sports car? Do I need to give them fork lift reference #'s to look up?

Of the many that have gone this route, what kind of pricing should I be
expecting to pay?

Thanks in advance for any feed - back

Lino B.