fathers day dilema....

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: fathers day dilema....
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:37:01 -0400
Tried to be a good dad today and show my son how to set the valves and check
the head bolt torque....
On last bolt to retorque, the bolt broke....

So I drained the radiator and began to pull the intake/exhaust manifolds to
get the head off.
I loosened all the head bolts and began to remove them.

When I began to remove the broken bolt it turns out the bolt had not
completly sheared but was literally
hanging by the thread!!!

So hopefully now all I need is a new set of head bolts.

Has anyone tried reusing an intake/exhaust manifold gasket?
Mine came off in good condition and with a little cleaning around the edges
looks reusable.

Another issue, the head bolts near the exhaust ports came out dry and the
others had some oil from the last head removal.
I'm thinking the thing to do would be to put some anti sheeze on the dry
thread holes and torque them all to 30lbs.
daveS