Re: fathers day dilema....

To: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fathers day dilema....
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:53:01 -0400
Dave,

I wouldn't reuse the headgasket for a variety of reasons. Buy a new one.

I also agree about buying all new headbolts as they do go bad from rust and
the rust, and pinholes it causes, greatly weakens them.

I would buy a bottom tap and clean all the threads and countersink the
threads. It provides better strength and doesn't allow interference with
head torquing.

If you use oil or antiseize you must reduce torque values as the book uses
'dry' torque values. I read an article that said to reduce torque by 30% if
you use oil or antiseize.

Before putting the head back on make sure it's straight and don't use those
scotch brite wheels mounted on a drill to clean the head or block as they
will remove metal and cause depressions.

Good luck,
Mike