Re: R16 Rod bearings

To: twalter@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: R16 Rod bearings
From: SRAPL311@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:03:16 EDT
I'll check tonight but believe all are the same.

I need help from the group. I have a 1970 low mileage 1600 which was almost
ready for the road in 1980. New linings, hose, silicone fluid, etc. It has been
in inside storage since then. It is in my son's garage and he is trading up
on houses so the car must be moved.

Problem is both left and right front brakes are rusted in position and the
front wheels will not turn. Has anyone run into the same problem and come up
with an easy way to free the pads from the rotor?

Thanks,  Larry Seim