Re: Pinging engine??

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pinging engine??
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:19:34 -0500 (CDT)
> it turned out that the high-test wasn't really so
high.

We test gasoline in my laboratory.  The pipeline companies, trucking companies,
storage facilities, airport, and gas stations have the gas tested regularly.
We find many times that there is contamination in the gas from diesel where
they have pumped gas and diesel from the same pipeline or tanker.  We also find
that the tankers fill the gas stations with the wrong octane of gas lots of
times.  We will see 87 octane in all the tanks at some stations.  We see a lot
of crud in some gas.  A rule of thumb is to never fill up while the tanker is
unloading.