Weber jets

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber jets
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:37:28 -0700
Greeting list!  Well, I am getting closer (slowly) to trying out the 48
mm SK carbs on the ol' U20.  Since I am starting at near zero actual
knowledge of jetting with this carb on my particular engine (other than
what I can read in Weber tuning books, and who ran 48 mm Webers on a
Roadster?), I am sure it will be a trial and error process to get it
close, then dyno time to get it right.  So, I am putting out a "request
for Weber DCOE jets and emulsion tubes" that I might borrow for this
process, guaranteed to be returned (or replaced should something
happen).  Jets run about $4.50 each, and emulsion tubes about $17.00,
and with each change being multiplied times 4, one can see how a budget
can be blown pretty fast if I don't start out fairly close.  So, if any
of you racer types out there have some Weber DCOE jets sitting around in
a box saying "use me! use me! I want to be useful again!" then let me
know and I will be forever in your debt.  Thanks!!!  As an update
regarding the water/alcohol injection, I am getting closer, but decided
that I need to get the carburation and maybe timing curve issues
completely worked out before proceeding with that any further.  I have
taken some digital pics of the airbox as some requested, and with my
wife's assistance I hope to have them available for those who were
curious.  I am aiming for Shasta, but unless I can get this beast fully
sorted out, I may not risk it... we'll see!
Greg Burrows
67 2000