Re: OT - new car search, long

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT - new car search, long
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:54:37 -0500
>Hall, Phillip

> Yea, I will try the BMW again.  I really like the feel of them.  Another
> good thing about the BMW is I can build the exact car I want and have it in
> a couple of months.   Also, some are suggesting the Mazima.  I don't like 4
> door sedans - they just catch me wrong.  The G35 sedan now has the 6 speed -
> nice, but that 4 door thing.

Phil,

FWIW, if you need the rear seat for kids, I'd strongly suggest you consider
a 4-dr. something. Trust me, as they get older and bigger their crawling in
and out of the back seat, over you, gets to be a real (literal) pain. If the
rear seat's just for occasional use, that's a different deal.

There are some very nice looking, good handling, sedans these days. The new
BMW 5 series is interesting and I think Volvo still makes a cafi racer
version of theirs, too. Comptech and/or Eibach make springs, sway bars and
other bits for most anything sold these days if you want to fine tune the
handling to your taste. Personally I like Hondas for daily drivers and would
love to have a TL, Type S for a family car, but I can't talk Elayne out of
her Odyssey. It does come in handy when we have all of the grandkids.

I'm sure other's opinions may vary.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com