RE: piston to wall clearance

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: piston to wall clearance
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:12:26 -0700
Racers run with .006" piston-to-wall because they are using forged pistons
(not cast ones) which expand more as they come up to temperature.

Running .004" won't significantly hurt your performance but you might
experience greater leakdown. The cost of .060" over pistons is quite a bit
higher than even .040" over ones.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org