Tom Phalen racing at MidOhio

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tom Phalen racing at MidOhio
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:23:32 -0400
  Not the best camera for shooting long shots, but my son Dan joined us this
weekend at the MidOhio Vintage GP where Tom Phelan raced his vintage 2000
roadster.  It was a great weather weekend and even a better race weekend.
Three roadster were racing; Tom Phelan from North Carolina, Dick Tillinger
from New York, and Don Herman from Ohio.  While Dick was well in front of
the group, finishing 5th over all I believe, Tom and Don had some great laps
of racing.  IN the end, a corner worker won and snuck in a yellow flag that
neither Don or Tom saw, just as Tom out braked Don into turn 6 and passed
him.  That cost Tom a stop & go too near the end of the race to recover.
But it was a good lesson to learn for Tom (Stay alert to the corner
workers!) and it didn't even begin to dim the huge grin on Tom's face that
he finishes all his races with!

one=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

  ...or if that doesn't get you there try <http://photos.yahoo.com/trewq93>
and look in the SVGP folder.