Re: Fuel Line to rear carb

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Line to rear carb
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:36:10 -0500 (CDT)
Ivin,

I would not let the stainless brade sit against the manifold. I have seen
this stuff rub through what it is against due to vibration. The braid
acts as a low tech file.

I had one of these hoses rub through a brake line years ago. Not a lot of fun
when you are on top of a hill when the brakes go out! Glad I had a dual brake
system so I could get down and to a parts house.

Use clamps to keep the line away from the manifold and aything else it
could possibly rub on.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA