needs for 1600

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: needs for 1600
From: Norm deCarteret <normdec@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:35:03 -0500
If this appears, great - been unable to post since I started trying in August.

Took ownership of a nice 1600 out of CA by way of CO and I'm lookingto
get rid of some of the play in the shift.  My mech says I need a new pin
holding the shift lever to the linkage, ""pin-striking rod" (#21 in
transmission control pg 121 Datsun Sports Car Handbook and Service
Manual) and "bracket lever, control" if possible.

This 1600 is white, interior and top very nice, some rot around the rear
wheel opening and very bottom of rocker panels but otherwise quite clean,
especially underside.  I ran SCCA rallies in a white 2000 in the late 60s
and remember the car fondly.  ANyway, any help geatly appreciated.
Norm in Tampa  (also have a 260Z custom roadster and a 280Z tool)