Oil choices for hi mi SRL's

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.ne roadster list"
Subject: Oil choices for hi mi SRL's
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:12:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi listers,

   Just a quick question to all the wise fans out there. My U20 has exibited
signs of worn valve seals since I purchased the car many years ago. Due to the
fact that it shows good compression evenly and it runs so good I have put off
the replacement for years. For years I was running Castrol 20/50 and as of
recently switched to hi mileage 20/50 which seems to be slowing down the oil
burn off. Not so much of the puffy blue smoke on take off. Do you think
switching to synthetic will improve the burn off properties any more?

               Thanks, Tom Prather 69/2.0