turbo-air-cooler (was WOT- Balboa)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: turbo-air-cooler (was WOT- Balboa)
From: racery@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:26:45 +0000
Actually, the generic
'charge air cooler'
or maybe
'charge- air to ambient- air heat exchanger'
probably wouldn't sell Saabs, eh?

To bring this back to roadsters, one of the plumbing challenges in intercooling
your turbo'ed roadster is that the engine is not cross- flow.
So any cooler that goes between the compressor outlet and the cylinder inlet
has to be plumbed around a lot.
 Crossflow motors require this plumbing anyway to cross from the exhaust side
to the intake side, so it's not such a big deal to put a nice big heat
exchanger in the middle...

hmmmm....

Toby