RE: Speaking of EBAY OT

To: Davesmbox@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Speaking of EBAY OT
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:42:32 -0700
In Oregon you can charge storage fees as you now doing.  When the value of
the storage fee is sufficient to warrant placing a lien on the car you can
obtain a storage lien on the car and either auction the car off to the
highest bidder, or sell it to whoever will pay the asking price (storage
fee).   I believe you have to allow a minimum amount of time to pass before
selling the car to allow the owner a final opportunity to redeem the car.
The sale must be advertised publicly by whatever method of public
advertising you choose.

This is a fairly simple process that allows you to issue a new clear title
to the new owner and legitimize the sale of the car to another party.

Be sure you have a copy of ALL e-mail and other documents relating to the
auction, sale of the car, and all requests to pick up the car, and the
buyers responses.  I would also save the eBay auction page as well.  To do
that just choose FILE and SAVE.  Windows should save it to the folder of
your choice.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland