painting calipers and drums

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: painting calipers and drums
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
I am thinking about painting my brakes and just got an Eastood company catalog.
 In it brake caliper paint is $10 and drum paint is $13.  Old brake parts
always have rust, get very hot and have a hard life.  Aside from powder
coating, POR 15 and the Eastwood equivalent are the most durable coatings I've
encountered and I'm wondering why anyone would use the $10 caliper paint when
POR15 is available, stops rust and would seem more durable.  This is probably a
question for Eastwood but I'm at work right now so natutally I'd rather be
talking about cars.

Anyone have opinions?

By the way if anyone uses POR15 to stop rust I highly reccommend following the
instructions to the letter.  Especially the part about wearing gloves, it will
stain you like a tattoo.  www.por15.com for the uninitiated.

Eric Hoffman

Yahoo! Sports