re: Ques. on Tonneau Cover/Soft Top Boot

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Ques. on Tonneau Cover/Soft Top Boot
From: z m <porrada76@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
{clip} I'll be shopping for a german canvas cloth full tonneau top (w/o
headrests) if this works ok. {clip}

Hey Eddie, if you find a supplier for a cloth tonneau i'd be very interested to
hear about it.  I have been meaning to find one for a while...Maybe Gerrardo
could help us out - I know he is currently making very fine canvas (short) top
boots.

{clip} 1. Is a boot or tonneau necessary to keep the folded soft top from
being "plucked" by the wind since it doesn't really sit "inside" like on a
Miata or other modern convertibles. {clip}

I am currently running without a top boot or tonneau, and aside from some
rattling latches there is no problem with it.  If you properly fold the top it
should sit flush with the body tub on the parcel shelf "inside" the car.

Cheers!
   -Zack
   67.5 1600

Yahoo! Sports