Values...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Values...
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:21:40 -0400
Pardon me if this is old news, but I am on digest so I am a little behind on
info.  I saw the post about the 1500 for sale on Craig's list.  That sure
looks like the car that Mike Young had for sale a while back.  If it is, it
sure looks damned nice to me!  It is now a 3 owner car that has everything
going for it.  Do I think that it is worth the asking price?  ABSOLUTELY.
When Mike had it for sale, the asking price was 20something.  The car was
posted on eBay and made it over $17k with no problem.  If you think about
it, you can buy a $5000 roadster and have a nice driver.  It will need some
work.  This car needs nothing other than a new home.  If your $5000 roadster
needs some of the tired chrome redone, then you can plan on laying down a
couple of thousand.  Plus you have to figure your down time and labor to
pull all of the stuff and reinstall it.  More than likely your $5000 car
will need some mechanical freshening.  This car needs nothing as it is a
20something thousand mile car.  Your $5000 car will be a more common car -
the 1500s are unique.  I have seen a grand total of 7 1500s.  Of those, one
was a 30something thousand mile car that is NICE.  One is another low
mileage car that had a FULL frame off restoration (to the tune of tens of
thousands of dollars...) and one was a nice driver.  The others are pieces
parts, and I own one and bought one of the others to try to make mine
complete.  Yes, it is worth $14k.  If I had the money, there would not be
much discussion - it would be in the garage....

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html