RE: Ground straps

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ground straps
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:34:15 -0700
I agree with Keith. Remember that if you lose a good ground back to the
battery, the starter is pulling mucho amps and will find a ground any old
place it can. Years ago I fried two accelerator cables when the starter used
them as a ground until I realized the braided strap between the engine and
frame was broken. I now have a negative battery cable going to the frame AND
the engine, as well as one from the negative side of the starter to the
frame. Overkill? Maybe, but Pep Boys sells battery cables cheap. A little
insurance never hurts.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600